Have fun and move to the music through a variety of exercises designed to increase muscular strength, range of movement and activity for daily living skills. Hand-held weights, elastic tubing with handles, and balls are offered for resistance and a chair is used for seated and/ or standing support. This class is geared toward older adults.
FREE for members
- Level: All
- Drop-in Class
- No registration required
- See your doctor first and get clearance for cardio exercise
A Typical Class
Class starts with warm-up exercises and stretches. You’ll move to the music as your instructor leads the class through the next series of exercises. Cool-down exercises end the class
- Increased muscular strength
- Increased range of motion
- Increased daily living skill
- Allows you to stay active and independent
- Increases your fun quotient
Tips + Preparation
- New to class? Arrive a little early so our instructor can give you some pointers.
- Warm up before – stretching by walking or doing gentle movements
- Drink plenty of fluids
No equipment necessary.
Attire and What to Bring
- Come to class dressed and ready to move your body
- Wear loose-fitting, functional workout clothing made of breathable material to allow air flow
- Athletic shoes that provide adequate support and good traction to avoid slipping
- Water bottle