Fourth Grade Initiative (4GI) Program
4th Grade is a pivotal and transitional time for many kids. Our initiative provides a free membership for a child for a year to provide opportunities for fitness and sports, as well as be social and meet friends!
The 4GI program aims to help develop well-rounded approaches to healthy living for all 4th graders. Special programs are designed for 4th grade students specifically, and include fun activities throughout the summer such as pool parties, scavenger hunts, crafts, ice cream socials, photo/video club, garden club, giant inflatables, and more. Homework help is also included once students return to school in the fall. It’s a time for 4th graders to have fun, stay fit, and meet friends!
We hope to provide encouragement for the whole family with this program and get everyone involved. Each 4th grade membership brings great benefits to the whole family!
- Sunday Family Time: FREE admission for 4th grader’s immediate family members to YMCA facilities on Sunday’s from 2:30-5pm
- $25 program credit to be used for any YMCA program
- Special 4th grade fun nights (to be announced)
- Receive member rates for 4th graders when participating in additional YMCA programs
- Receive member rates for families of 4th graders
- Monthly newsletters which include 4th grade activity schedule, special events, program reminders, and more
To sign up you simply need to bring your child into the 18th street location, present proof of grade, complete an application, and complete an orientation. For more information please visit our welcome desk.